The Vizsla Club of America holds in highest esteem Vizslas who, by virtue of their own outstanding achievements and/or those of their get, reflect the essence of the breed’s character and purpose.
For a Vizsla to be eligible for nomination and inclusion on the HOF ballot, the following criteria must be met:
- Has been deceased for at least two years prior to nomination
- Has been registered with the American Kennel Club
- Has substantially contributed to the breed in more than one venue, (such as field, conformation, agility, obedience, rally) individually or through their get
- Has left an everlasting impression on the breed
- Nominations are accepted throughout the year, but must be received by December 31st of each year to be placed on the current year’s ballot and be voted on by the membership.
- Clubs may submit a dog’s name; however, an individual member of the VCA must make the nomination in the name of that club.
- A Hall of Fame Ballot The HOF ballot must have a minimum of 1 dog and a maximum of 5 dogs for submission to the VCA membership for consideration. To be inducted into the HOF, a dog must receive 50% plus one vote of all ballots submitted by the membership. For clarification: If 550 ballots are returned, a dog must receive 276 votes to be inducted into the HOF.
- VCA members can vote for as many dogs listed on the ballot as they choose. Any dog receiving 50% plus one of all ballots returned will be inducted into the HOF. Members should vote based on each dog’s merits.
- If there is no obvious inductee after the membership vote, the HOF Committee can recommend to the VCA Board of Directors that a dog or dogs should be considered for induction, which would require the vote of the VCA Board of Directors.
- If more than 5 dogs are nominated in a year, the first five complete nominations received with a confirmed date of mailing are placed on the ballot. The remaining nominations will be held over until the next year in which a minimum of three dogs are nominated.
- If a dog has been on the HOF ballot for two consecutive years and has not received enough votes for induction into the HOF, the dog must take a hiatus for one voting cycle before attempting nomination again.
- Statistical information may be submitted by a Word document; however, the declaration on the last page of the application must be signed and dated. All the supportive documentation and a check must accompany the mailed application. Copies of certificates, AKC awards reports, and AKC progeny reports are beneficial. Please add lines as needed to the form (table) on the next two pages.
Please mail hard copy nominations to the following:
282 Millers Falls Road
Northfield, MA 01360
Electronic submissions may be sent to: email here via email (20 MB size limit) Dropbox or WeTransfer (2 GB size limit). For help in submitting electronically, please contact Andrew Campbell.
For more information and answers to questions contact Andrew Campbell.
Hall of Fame Committee:
Chair: Andrew Campbell